We found this lovely home within our budget… We had gone back and forth a couple times about actually buying it because there’s quite a bit of work that needs to be done in the house. We had actually rescinded our offer to purchase the home, except the sellers altered the terms of the purchase and we came around. This gives us so much to actually be excited about… I know where we’re going to put our Christmas tree, and how I’d like to arrange the dining room. I can picture what our guest bedroom is going to look like, and I’m pinning up so many ideas for what to do with the unfinished basement.
The real deciding factor was when we got our parents to do a walk-through of the house to get a feel for whether the problems that it has are insurmountable or not. After seeing everything in person–including the pug room, and the spray-painted spare bedroom…
They said that they didn’t see anything that tells them to actually walk away from the house. I think that the males in the family were impressed with the 30′ x 30′ garage, and I think that no one could really pass up the half-acre yard that’s already fenced in for pupper-duppers:
Even though we went back and forth a few times, we’re still trying to keep the same closing-date as before… so here’s hoping that we’ll be able to move the weekend of 9/27. It’s going to be a flurry of packing and cleaning until then, and sadly, I have to revert the kitchen back to the brown/yellow/red mess that it was when we first moved in. There was a term in the contract that said no contact paper, but apparently the office staff didn’t read it any closer than I did. Thankfully, they’ll let me just remove it instead of keeping my security deposit..