So, instead of skipping my workout and going home to make dinner tonight, I stayed at work and did a Zumba DVD. Before I went, though, I e-mailed the recipe for tonight’s dinner to Rah-rah and asked if he could make it happen. Mr. Roomie got home before Rah-rah did though, so Mr. Roomie made it instead. It was pretty tasty and really filling! One problem, though: he didn’t cook any of the filling =P he just kind of mixed, stuffed and baked and cut out the first few steps. Lucky enough it was alright in the end 😀 45 minutes at 350 still cooks it alright. Next time will be EVEN Better!
New Orleans Style Stuffed Peppers
1 package sausage, diced2+ cups brown rice
3 jalepenos, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, diced
1-2 Table Spoons EVOO
Move the oven rack to the middle of the oven and preheat to 350.
1) Prepare brown rice per directions on the box (make at least 2 cups.. can make extra as a side-dish if desired)
2) while rice is cooking, dice sausages, garlic, onion and jalepenos and heat in a skillet with a little bit of EVOO
NOTE: use the food-processor to dice to save time and teary eyes while dicing ingredients. Remember to remove seeds from jalepeno unless you want us to be mad at you for making it too hot =P (food processor is in the cupboard above the fridge. Good luck.)
3) Once rice is done, mix 2 cups rice with diced ingredients.
4) Cut the tops off of the bell peppers, de-seed and de-vein.
5) Stuff the peppers with the mixture and bake in a cake-pan or appropriate container at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until the bell pepper is done.