Some days, I hate that quote because it is so completely negative and leaves no wiggle room for recovery. But most of the time it comes true.
This last weekend, I went to a big party with Rah-rah and it was a few days filled with chocolatey trail-mix, huge breakfasts, mini-doughnuts, cheese-curds, and alcohol. Even when we made it home, dinner was a pizza with soda. My body was practically SCREAMING for something healthy.
Last night, we decided to walk to the grocery store because I had reached my breaking point and I needed an apple. Stat. I also needed some fresh air too. When we got to the store, they didn’t have the awesome Honey Crisp apples as I was expecting, but I found a couple good Fuji apples that suited my needs nicely.
I don’t have a menu and we didn’t go grocery shopping for supplies. Rah-rah’s car is broken down, our room is a mess, we need to do laundry and work has been very busy after the long weekend. Given that, I’ll be hard-pressed to meet my goals for the week to have a healthy menu and get in some exercise… But, I’ve got a plan:
– On the way home tonight, I’ll pick up a new battery for Rah-rah’s car.
– Dinner tonight = Spaghetti Squash with Supreme Lean Ground Beef and Classico Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce. This will come together in under 20 minutes.
– Rah-rah and I will also tackle the pile-o-laundry that seemed to appear out of nowhere upon our return from vacation.
– While waiting for the laundry to finish, I will install the battery in Rah-rah’s car and hope that it fixes the problem. If not, we may have to make a few trips to the auto-parts store. If this wraps up quickly, maybe he and I can play some frisbee or ladder ball.
– Lastly, after switching the laundry from the washer to the dryer, I can sit down to work on the rest of the week’s menu.
This will all work, as long as I cancel the social plans that I had for this evening.
Ah, the joys of responsibility 🙂 I’ll be sure to take pictures and report back on how it goes. I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend and that your Tuesday is shaping up nicely.